Monday, April 22, 2013

Pro v. Con

           Cougar Advisory Council is a group of students from all different parts of our high school that meet together over lunch and discuss issues and events with our principal. These include topics that we feel are important, need to be adjusted, or other random recommendations that we have always wanted to tell someone. On Tuesday the 23rd, Happy Joe’s Pizza, cookies, and bottles of water were served. It was quite delicious; however it was tough picking between Cougar Advisory Council and Lovely Lane. This is why Cougar Advisory Council should be on crappy school lunch days. Examples: Beef and Noodles, Hot Shredded Beef Sandwich, Fruit Plate, etc. Avoid Tuesdays, Tortellini, Turkey Gravy, and Corn Dogs. Those are the finest meals made by our marvelous lunch ladies. Of course it isn’t just about the food, just one of the greatest perks of being in this group. We meet once a month, and it’s based by your lunch shift. A and C lunch has it first, and then some other day B and D lunch gets to meet. Since I have B lunch, our meeting was Tuesday verses A and C on Monday. Certainly not the end of the world though.
            After Dr. W took attendance, she asked us to introduce ourselves to the group and tell her the class we look forward to most during the day and our most challenging course. I responded with AP Chemistry and AP Language and Composition as my favorite(s) and AP Spanish as my most challenging. Everyone in my AP Spanish class agreed, but it truly is my most difficult. Not because of the teacher, but because of the extensive and intense content.
            There wasn’t much time for suggestions at the end so I suppose I will share this with the group next time. I believe that we should rotate lockers every year. Although this will not affect current seniors, I believe that it is important because everyone should get the equal amount of locker privileges. The current senior class has lockers down by the gym and has been down there for all four years of high school. Long story short, those lockers are in a really inconvenient location. They are not near the majority of classrooms and not near the foyer or main stairways. My idea would be to always have the freshmen down by the gym. That way they would not block the hallways in the mornings, and it would be their own secluded area to make new friends. Plus, I’m sure a lot of parents pick up and drop off down on that end as well.
            The reason why I thought of this is because my locker is really inconvenient. I park in the North lot. This means that I basically walk from one end of the school to the other, just to put away my coat, umbrella, and what may have you. The biggest disappointment in my opinion was that my freshman year of high school, I had a locker just off the foyer. I was never really sure why my friend and I were put down there but we were and it was awesome. It was very convenient, especially when I fractured my ankle and my dad had to help me carry my backpack in on the first day back with my ‘boot.’ Then they announced that all lockers were to be relocated so that each grade could be together. My locker partner and I even wrote the counselor a note asking to keep our current locker on the last day of school. It unfortunately did not work. Either that or the message never got passed along. Well now here I am three years later and still strongly disliking the fact that our lockers never change, and we always had the near-gym lockers. If things don’t change, have fun with your lockers next year, Class of 2017….  (648)

No comments:

Post a Comment