Sunday, April 14, 2013

Senioritis

            Wowzas can you say Senioritis is in the air?! For me, there are eight days of school left, that’s considering a day I will be gone for an AP Exam and another day gone for tennis at Pleasant Valley. The school year is winding down, and let me tell you, there’s not much winding happening… it feels like the last two weeks are going at the rate of a snail. As a senior I’m experiencing the “last events.” Last time putting in lunch money, last pep assembly, last tennis meet before tournament play, last tennis season, last school dance, last first day of school, and soon enough, the LAST last day of school (well in my K-12 career). There are last minute school projects to finish, oral final to prepare, study for my AP Exam, finish blogging and reading, get ready for my graduation party, pick out a laptop for my graduation present, come up with a birthday wishlist, figure out a lab by myself, and simply just survive for two. more. weeks. I really don’t dislike school; I just cannot stand the busy work, for example doing a ‘Diario’ when I could be reading for my AP Language and Composition class. In fact, I want to be an elementary school teacher and be part of the education process.
            Every trimester this feeling and routine happens from different points of view. The two week rush for teachers to cram everything in from the curriculum, students who would just like to sleep, but instead stay up until the crack of dawn just to scrape out work and extra studying for final exams. Sometimes I ask myself, why didn’t I start earlier? Why did I put some of this work off? Because in the long run, I feel better if the majority of my time is spent getting normal amounts of sleep, if it means a week where I feel like absolute crap.
            I just want graduation to come faster, play tennis in the warm sun, and work/keep busy this summer while spending time with my three best friends. I just need to remember to stay calm and let things happen at the appropriate pace. Everything will get done, I’m confident I can do it, take a deep breath and here we go with a wild ride….  (386)

No comments:

Post a Comment