Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Has Arrived!

            When I originally decided to write this blog post, the skies were clear, the sun was bright, and the temperature was somewhere near 65 degrees Fahrenheit. That one beautiful day suddenly has me hooked for spring. But where is it? I miss the 60 or 70 degree weather, and it honestly sucks to play tennis in 40 degree weather. You shouldn’t have to pack gloves, earmuffs, and headbands at the end of April, even if we are living in crazy bipolar Iowa weather. It’s almost always windy and I still have to wear a fleece jacket to school in the morning… I’m lucky if I can take it off when I leave school at 1:45pm. Oh spring, how I miss you. And don’t even get me started on all of the rain. It’s a sore subject. The end of the week looks promising however; a high of 65 tomorrow with 20% chance of rain, and a high of 68 on Saturday with a 0% chance of rain… which means great weather for tennis and Prom! J
            Although I’m clearly being a baby and complaining about how there’s been little to no sunshine, I am thankful for something. Because it hasn’t warmed up and thus, plants and trees are not able to pollenate and sprout, my allergies have not been bad this spring… knock on wood. Usually during tennis season (spring) I come home from a long day at school, being outside in it for 2 hours because of practice or a meet, and my eyes and nose are really itchy. If you have never had seasonal allergies, or seasonal hayfever, if you want to get technical, you’re oh so lucky. It’s hard to get away from the pollen… it’s everywhere- on my car, on my clothes, on counters of my home when the windows are open, and on the sofa. Luckily, my mom is very nice and checks the pollen counts daily and decides which windows to open in the house, we hardly ever open the windows in my bedroom. Everyone loves fresh air, even me, so I feel bad when we have to turn the air conditioning on just for me. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, fight the itch, and keep taking your medicine.

            Finally, I just want warm weather because schools almost over (15 more days for me!), I have a major case of senioritis, and I just want to be able to go outside and not be chilled. I may reconsider my desires once it hits 95 and 45% humidity…..  (427)

No comments:

Post a Comment