Sunday, September 30, 2012

Procrastination

            Once again, it’s Sunday night. This is usually how the situation plays out for a typical high school student. The following scenario is not entirely from my personal experiences, but partly from sad stories my fellow classmates have told as well. You drearily drag your backpack from your car, and try to think what you did on Friday that needs to be done for Monday. If you use a planner, you’re probably in luck; otherwise you’re probably not in such a good situation if you don’t use one. You try so hard to think about what was written on the board, what your teacher said, and what you discussed with your classmates, all to improve your recall. None of it seems to work. So, you dig through your notebooks, binders, and folders hoping that you have found everything that needs to be done in less than 12 hours. At this point your day gets pretty stressful.
To keep myself organized and on top of school work, I write in my planner and then think back to each of my classes in case there was something I forgot to write down. So far, this system has worked pretty well for me, and if you're a junior or sophomore you probably have your own method to this madness. If you are new to high school this year (ahem, freshmen), maybe this will work well for you too!
            Thankfully I didn’t have much homework this weekend, so the only thing I had left today was blogs! I don't know about the rest of you, but I love blogging so far. Free writing has become easier and more enjoyable now that I have done four weeks of it already. I can’t believe it is already midterm! Although I wish I would go back to my routine of doing blogs during the week, and not having to do them on the weekend, I feel like this will take some time to get back into the routine. Even though leaving my blogging to Sunday feels a little like (must I say it?).....procrastination, it actually feels like I make more progress because I have the whole week to reflect on, and I know I have to get them done. Definitely don’t take this post that procrastination is a positive thing, generally I would say it is bad. Since I have informally designated blogging to Sundays however, I am able to get all of my other homework done the rest of the week, and I know that Sundays are “blog days” to get the posts completed.  (429)

No comments:

Post a Comment