Sunday, September 30, 2012

A supportive family that loves football

            Every family has their own way to bond and find things to do together. Mine seems to be football centered on my Dad’s side of the family. My grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, dad, and I are all football fans of many different teams. These include the Iowa Hawkeyes, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, and many more including high school teams.

            I was quite bummed that I could not go to the homecoming game. Two of my best friends were up for homecoming queen, and I felt terrible that I couldn’t go because of work. When I told them I wouldn’t be at the game to cheer with them in the student section, they were very understandable. I knew they were totally ok with me not being there, but I didn’t feel like a very good friend because I wasn’t there to see them, regardless if they won or not. I mean, there’s only one winner, so both of them can’t win. Plus, along with not seeing my friends, as a football fan I was disappointed I couldn’t see the team get their first win of the season, I’m sure they were ecstatic about their performance. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for an even bigger opportunity in the future. Because I have a job, I will have extra money for something important in the future, I know that for sure.
            My family and I have a simple routine every game-day Saturday afternoon. We leave in the morning, tailgate with simple food before the game with some cards thrown in there, and then finally it is game time! I’m only superstitious when it comes to the seating arrangement in the stadium. To me, if you sit in a different order, your cheering and yelling might be thrown off. Yesterday was game-day Saturday, and I couldn’t go. However even though I couldn’t go this time, I was able to do something even more fun instead. Because I could either work the afternoon or the evening, I chose to work the afternoon so I could still go to Homecoming. There’s only one Homecoming dance left and there’s tons of game-days left in my lifetime. With a busy schedule, I have learned to prioritize and make important decisions.
            My family members understood completely and were glad that I could go to Homecoming. Without family I don’t know what I would do. They give me incredible advice and encouragement, along with immense support thus far. Even if you have a bad day, they will always love you no matter what, even if you don’t think so. That is exactly what family should be for. (441)

No comments:

Post a Comment