Sunday, September 2, 2012

About Me

                My name is Lindsey and this is my first blog. I am looking forward to sharing my “Spin” on different topics in the next year or so. You will learn later what the other meaning of “Spin” is….. Stay tuned!
            One of my favorite things to do in my free time is play tennis. I have played for seven years and have improved every year. I took lessons through the city when I was little, played middle school tennis, and currently play for the high school women’s tennis team. I take lessons in the offseason (summer, fall, winter) so my skills stay fresh for the spring. I also really like to watch tennis, especially Rafael Nadal. “Vamos Rafa!” The US Open is currently on TV and I am following the Williams’ sisters, Azarenka, Tsonga, and Federer. Rafa is currently not able to play because of tendonitis, so I am forced to cheer for someone else.
            My family and I also go to football games on Saturdays in the fall. It’s something we’ve been doing since I was in elementary school. My Grandpa and Grandma have season tickets, so my Dad and I usually go with them. We leave a little early so we can get a parking spot, tailgate, and play cards. I love college football and it is one of my favorite ways to bond with my family.
            When I have down time, I enjoy free-reading and watching movies. Some of my favorite books are, To Kill a Mockingbird, My Sister’s Keeper, Dear John, Tallgrass, and Because of Winn-Dixie (a childhood favorite). I wouldn’t say I have a specific genre I regularly read, but I’m definitely not into the typical “teen” book. Free-reading is tough sometimes because as many other students know, it is difficult to get a free moment during the school year! Some of my favorite movies are, Hairspray, Dear John, The Help, Spiderman, The Hunger Games, War Horse, Puss in Boots, The Twilight Saga, and Snow White and the Huntsman. Whether I rent one or go to the theatre, I think movies are a leisurely activity whether I’m with friends and family, or by myself.
            I also attend youth group on Wednesday nights and go to church regularly on Sunday morning. One of the best things about youth group is my youth leader. She is awesome and I feel like I can tell her anything. Youth group is ten times more fun because she encourages people to come and comes up with enriching activities. In the summer we usually go on a mission trip, and a couple years ago we went to the National Youth Gathering in New Orleans.
            Finally, I really like making beaded bracelets and necklaces. It’s a hobby I learned and picked up from one of my friends. She does it a little differently, but I made it my own with a different style. Although I have made a couple necklaces in my “career,” bracelets are definitely my expertise. I buy all of my materials at Michael’s and have created dozens of different designs thus far.   (514)

No comments:

Post a Comment