Sunday, December 23, 2012

Winter Break= Busy. Ironic, eh?

            As we are at the beginning of winter break, I can already tell it’s going to be busy one. Although I will have more time to spend with family and friends as I mentioned below, this extra time also means that I have more time to work. I work at a movie theatre, and our business is best when adults and children (or a lot of people) don’t have to work or go to school, especially on holidays. I have today and tomorrow off, but starting Tuesday, I work every day until the end of break, which is January 2nd. It’s nice to keep myself busy, because I don’t have much else to do, but I wish I had at least a couple days for myself.
            I don’t have too much homework, just some reading and this blogging, but I need to work on an essay for a scholarship at UNI. I know I can do it, because the essay itself is not that complicated or long, but I just need to sit down and do it! My goal is to finish it by the end of break- it will only take like one to two hours!
            I just find it ironic, that “break” which is defined as an interruption of continuity or uniformity” (in normal words means: a break from your normal schedule of work and school), means more time for other things. All in all, there is just simply not enough time in a day, but somehow we get things done and make it work.  (258)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! I worked so much over break- at the time it wasn't fun, but I can't wait to pick up my paycheck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird and ironic that "break" is defined that way, thanks I learned something new :)

    ReplyDelete