Sunday, December 9, 2012

Picture Day= Senior Bum Day

           Many people have different opinions on school pictures. Some don’t care at all, others dress up lavishly for them, others are more natural, and some are in between all of those extremes. Lifetouch has been the photographer for school pictures ever since I was in Kindergarten if I recall correctly. In elementary school, the photographs capture the cutest side of a child, in middle school, they often reveal the growing up/maturing process, and in high school, it’s about becoming an adult and changing each year until senior year. My parents have an 8x10 of each of my school pictures, beginning with preschool up to my senior pictures, which were taken by my uncle of Riggs Photography. So for me, school pictures were semi-important because I didn’t want a terrible picture of me hanging up in my house and my extended family’s houses either. I didn’t freak out about them, but chose a shirt I liked and smiled a natural smile. A cheesy smile isn’t really you.
            Since I took my senior pictures in October, I didn’t have to take the Lifetouch photo. They were never really a burden, but it kind of humored me on December 6th (picture day for the rest of Kennedy High) because as I walked into school in my comfy fleece, jeans, and glasses, you could definitely tell who was a senior and who were juniors, sophomores, and freshmen. As I walked into my 1st hour class, AP Chemistry, I discovered we had a lab, which means you have to wear super cute goggles that sometimes leave marks on your face. I was thankful that I didn’t have to take pictures later in the day, but I also felt bad for the juniors in my class, that would stink!
            I recently looked through all of my school pictures and it was fun to see how much I’ve changed, but also stayed the same.

 
P.S. - Underclassmen: please don’t forget the purple turtleneck sweater. No matter how much the administrators and Lifetouch dislike it, it is hilarious and harmless.  (343)

No comments:

Post a Comment