Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oreos vs. Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

            Everyone, in particular the Oreo commercial says that Oreo’s are “milk’s favorite cookie.” I would have to completely disagree with that assumption. I think my mom’s homemade chocolate chip cookies are best with milk; white skim milk specifically. I might be a little biased when I say that these cookies are the best I have ever tasted, but do please take my word on it. Everyone likes a homemade fresh cookie, over an over-processed cookie with a fun name of "Oreo." Oreo’s are indeed tasty with milk if you have no other homemade option, but if there is a “mom-made” choice, pick that over your typical processed cookie everyone in the United States has tried. The soft, chewy, and gooey dough mixed with semi-sweet large chocolate chips mix together and form heaven. The touch of oatmeal gives the cookie just the perfect bit of texture and unique qualities to make it my mom’s.
            If you were hoping I was going to give you the recipe.... you thought wrong. My mom’s chocolate chip cookies are top-secret business. That would also be committing Mizzay's "AP Lang cardinal sin" of lists and recipes for word count in a post. Take my word on this: homemade goodies will always taste better because they are made with time and love. Store-bought processed cookies are good if you’re on the go, but definitely will not have the same dazzle effect.  (234)

No comments:

Post a Comment